[TowerTalk] XM-240 and KT-36XA Interaction

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] XM-240 and KT-36XA Interaction
From: "Bob Selbrede, K6ZZ" <k6zz@ccis.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 11:04:14 -0800
Fellow TT'ers:

1) I would like to hear from anyone who happens to have a
Cushcraft XM-240 stacked with an M2 KT-36XA.  I have found
some references in the archives but haven't really been able
to get the answers I was looking for.  How far apart do you
have them stacked and did you experience any interaction
between them.  I would rather not mount them at 90 degree
angles, etc.  I am contemplating this arrangement with the
XM-240 10 to 12 feet above the KT-36XA.  That's about all I
can manage on this tower.  Is the primary problem that the
40M effects the 15M, or vice versa, or both?  I grounded the
reflector on the XM-240 which I have heard helps the
situation.

Thanks, Bob K6ZZ