Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 and KT-36XA Interaction

To: 'Bill Parry' <bparry@rgv.rr.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 and KT-36XA Interaction
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:02:18 -0600
"ungrounding" of the driven element ... or did you mean to say
ungrounding of the reflector element.

Doug

We had a KT34XA stacked below the older version of the Cushcraft and
didn't
have problems with interaction at 6D2X.  They were about 12 feet apart.
When
I put up my tower I put the newer version of the 40 - 12' feet above my
Force 12 C3E antenna and had lots of problems with interaction.  I ended
up
turning the tribander 90 degrees from the XM-240 and it was fine. I
think
the "ungrounding" of the driven element on the newer version of the 40
may
be the culprit but I have no evidence to back it up.

Bill, W5VX