Re: [TowerTalk] Loop vs Dipole...I'm original "asker"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loop vs Dipole...I'm original "asker"
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 00:54:42 -0500
Those numbers I gave don't include all those variables.  Some of the
variables like ground quality were included as a average value.  Those
last models do not include all the possible variables because I don't
know what each person has.  Once you know that, then the model can be
modified to include those other items.   If you locate a large tower
directly behind any of these antennas they will not perform the same.
Exactly what that item is can change the results by a large amount.
This is not a typical situation so it is not analyzed as typical,
however the model can be modified to include it.

Knowing what items effect the performance and when those items should be
included into the model is all a part of learning how to use the
software.  Another item which also have to be learned is how to test the
results to make sure you haven't exceeded the capability of the analysis
tool.  These two items are also the area where most people misuse the
software.

Jerry, K4SAV