Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 12:51:07 -0700
On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 13:37:37 -0400, Richards wrote:

>I would love to squeeze a half-wave 80 meter dipole on my city lot
>and I will buy a big steak dinner for the guy who figures out how I
>can!

No steak dinner needed, but check out

http://www.freewebs.com/hypower/

Barry's longer loaded antennas (typically 60-70% of full size) work
VERY well. The Limited Space antennna PPT includes NEC modeling of
one of his antennas. It shows only 0.5dB lower efficiency and
roughly half the SWR bandwidth on the loaded band. My app note also
includes a reference to a piece in QST that tells how to design your
own loaded dipole.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC