[TowerTalk] Insulators

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insulators
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 16:43:37 -0400
FYI:

I discovered a new source for insulator material that I will be using
on my 80m tower verticals.

At the local 'feed store', I found 1+1/4" fiberglass ROD with a few
small pre-drilled holes ... it's designed to be used as an electric
fence post.  The rod is VERY STRONG and should hold up quite well.

The cost for a 6' rod is about $6 .... quite inexpensive.  Cutting it
into 6+" lengths is quite easy.

CAUTION:

When handling this item, WEAR GLOVES as the fiberglass is RAW and will
leave microfibers in your SKIN.

When CUTTING it or DRILLING it ... wear EYE PROTECTION.  You won't
like the effect should any 'flakes' get in your eyes.

Tower/antennas going up next week .. .FINALLY.

Don
N8DE