Re: [TowerTalk] Insulators

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insulators
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:35:40 -0400
Have already cut the rod with a hacksaw with a new blade .. no
degradation of performance from first cut to last.

I tested the first 6+" length by stressing it with the lower tower
section and the tower base.  Very strong stuff.

I agree that some kind of lacquer needs to be put on the insulator to
protect it from the 'weather demons' even though less than 1/4" is
exposed to the elements.

I'll let you know next Summer how it's holding up.

Don
N8DE