Re: [TowerTalk] Single point ground

To: nf4l@nf4l.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Single point ground
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 09:14:34 -0500

Mike wrote:
> Hi Pete -
> I have given up on the idea of 'perfect safety 24/7' and espouse the
> disconnect everything philosophy. I'm only 6-10" above ground.

If disconnecting everything, the leads still need to be well grounded,
otherwise it's like Franklin's kite with the other end laying on the
floor in the shack where they can start a fire...or worse.  I've seen
snow static create a fire and shock hazard  in such a situation
(speaking from experience.). I've never been nailed that hard from an
electric fence.

73

Roger (K8RI)