Re: [TowerTalk] IN SEARCH OF PVC Tubing to Bury...

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] IN SEARCH OF PVC Tubing to Bury...
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:06:06 -0800
I bought 1000 ft of 1 inch thinwall sprinkler PVC pipe
at Home Depot fairly cheaply in 20 ft lengths.  I am
planning to slip it over a run of hardline to protect
the aluminum jacket.

Someone mentioned black poly "pipe".  Not sure what
you were referring to, but I tried to use black poly
drip irrigation tubing (1/2 inch) that comes in big rolls.
The problem is that it never wants to straighten out
and if you force it to, it will develop kinks.  It
proved to be impossible to fish coax through it over
any significant distance.  Too much friction.
If anyone has solved this problem, let us know.

Rick N6RK