Re: [TowerTalk] Shack wiring

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shack wiring
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:42:54 -0400
BTW, the material that Jim Brown (K9YC) referenced from SurgeX is excellent.
In thinking the secondary suppressor problem through, I thought that only a
"single-mode" L-N bypass to neutral (rather than ground) would prevent a
ground potential rise between branch circuits.  Those devices exist, but
apparently, they still do not provide as high degree of protection than the
technology used by SurgeX.

http://www.surgex.com/library.html

http://www.surgex.com/library/22001.html

http://www.surgex.com/library/32001.html

Also, Jim's related work on A/V power and grounding is referenced in the
SurgeX technical library.  Pretty impressive, Jim!  Looks like I may want to
"ditch" those expensive Leviton SPD receptacles after all...

Paul, W9AC