Re: [TowerTalk] Baluns/tutorial/notes.

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Baluns/tutorial/notes.
From: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:36:51 -0400

> My earlier statements about high losses

with differential flux were WRONG, and based on some careless experiments I

did more than ten years ago before I started working with ferrites in any

serious way. Based on questions from others, I recently set up careful tests

with bifilar wound chokes on several types of cores and found losses due to

differential flux to be VERY small.

Jim,

I want to give big kudos to you for being willing to state uncategorically
and clearly in a public forum that you were wrong about that and fixed it.

There are so many hard-headed stubborn "gurus" in this hobby who would
probably, at best, post a grudging retraction quietly, and might respond in
private to a question about the "missing information" if asked publicly.
 But you use big capital letters to emphasize the point.

I know it's the right thing to do, but I appreciate seeing it here in print.
 FB OM.

73
Dan