Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower

To: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 13:08:46 -0400
He isn't an idiot... he is different, has strong opinions, is skilled and
has a good amount of luck.
Climbing is dangerous even with all the safety gear we have these days.

I didn't get the impression he was forcing his opinion upon anyone but just
adding his perspective.

Is it possible to have a different opinion on this reflector without a shit
storm being created?

I do think he has a point about being fit to climb. How many of us old farts
still climb when if not for the safety belt holding us on, we'd be tumbling
off?

73,
dave
wa3gin

I love crank-up towers and articulated boom lifes ;-)