Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower

To: "'David Gilbert'" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:22:49 -0600
Dave,

Actually in some places and some towers you can rest with your hands off
the tower without belting in.  Simply place the upper part of your body
inside the tower and use your body and elbows to lock yourself in that
position.  That actually is safer than hanging on with tired hands.

Maybe we should change some wording here.  If anyone is following CQ
Contest there is a discussion again about what is assisted and what is
unassisted.  How about calling free climbing unassisted and all others
assisted.

Doug

"Think of all the ways you can hurt yourself laughing."