Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower

To: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower
From: "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@mozarks.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:24:02 -0500
Seeing as we are discussing a US tower, US regulations, and
a commercial situation, I really don't see what the need is to
consider Canadian regulations, or at least for me to consider
it as none of the commercial towers I own are in Canada.

If you are in Canadia, then I urge you to check them out
yourself.

I will offer a bit of assistance, if you require more than I
would refer you to the people I use for legal assistance,
but their billing rate may be more than you would prefer to spend.

http://www.ccbe.ca/Downloads/CCBEPresentationVarconIncSept2009.pdf

http://www.wirelessestimator.com/t_content.cfm?pagename=International%20Tower%20Climber%20Deaths

If you are doing this professionaly, pay special attention to the C-45
law, which basically states you can go to prison for violating safety
rules,

 "Every one who undertakes, or has the authority, to direct how another
person does work or performs a task is under a legal duty to take reasonable
steps to prevent bodily harm to that person, or any other person, arising
from that work or task."

Insofar as the US laws/rules, I have already posted those.

For legal adivse, I would contact Alan Tilles, who is one of
the best communications law attornies in the states.  While he
may not know Canadian laws, I am sure he would know who
to get your legal advice from there in Canada.

http://www.shulmanrogers.com/attorneys-121.html

Robert Schwaninger is the other one I would suggest, between the
two of them you have the best with one or another.

http://www.sa-lawyers.net/schwaninger.html

As an aside, you were just kidding about climbing with the wind
at your back right?

Don't take your organs to heaven,
heaven knows we need them down here!