Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower

To: "'David Gilbert'" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:23:46 -0600
Dave,

Please don't change what I said!  You replaced 'can't free climb' with
'won't free climb'.  There is a big difference in statements.  I did not
say you should free climb.  I said I free climb because I am comfortable
and physically able doing such.

There are forces beyond our control.  Your examples:
Strong wind gust - climb with the wind at your back.
Metal failure - applies to all
Mistake by someone else - applies to all.  Be constantly aware of what
others are doing.
Surprised by flying objects - be mentally prepared for such events.

You probably can free climb but you choose not to.

Doug

The train doesn't stop here anymore.