[TowerTalk] methods of using conduit in the ground for cables

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] methods of using conduit in the ground for cables
From: "Steve K7AWB" <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:14:50 -0700
As long as we are on the topic, which would be better?

1) secure the 4 inch conduit sections together in the  trench and then fill
in the trench with dirt on top so the  sections could not move when pulling
cables through them, or

2) keep the trench unfilled, but the 4 inch conduit sections put together,
and pull the cables through them without the dirt on top?

As I see it, once you put the dirt on top, there is no going back, but the
conduit does not move.  On the other hand, conduit without weight on it will
tend to move as the cables as pulled through, especially when the "last"
cable is tried.

Comments from you who have done this.....

73
Steve Sala
K7AWB
DN17es