Re: [TowerTalk] Help with fixing a leaning tower (NOT Pisa)

To: abernstein@bramsonort.edu, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with fixing a leaning tower (NOT Pisa)
From: WW4T@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:45:15 EDT
Would it be feasible to engineer new 'dog ears' to attach to the present
dog ears using the holes vacated by the tower bolts? The tower then would
bolt  to the new dog ears with new bolt holes etc.

I realize this may only be a time buying scenario if the ground continues
to sink or shift.

If it does buy time, then it may be possible to dig out around and down
deeper on the side the tower appears to be headed and pour another big chunk
of  concrete  to stop movement in that direction....just things I would think
 about anyway.

Good luck es 73!

Bob
_ww4t@aol.com_ (mailto:ww4t@aol.com)