Re: [TowerTalk] slightly OT - Wattmeter suggestion?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] slightly OT - Wattmeter suggestion?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:48:45 -0400
The only other current design on-par with the LP-100 is the Alpha 45xx
series, although the Alphas do not offer complex impedance measurements.
However, both units offer exceptional directivity as well as temperature
compensation, and each will read accurately down to 50mW.  The other
significant competitor's meter cannot achieve the same level of accuracy
over a wide power range.  Run power down to less than 1W and see what
happens.  Granted, not many folks on this list are operating at QRPp levels,
but it speaks volumes concerning the design of these meters.

I use both the LP-100 and Alpha 4510.  I like the LP-100's ability to
display complex Z and power in a digital format, but I also like the Alpha
4510's digitally-sampled, high-resolution moving-coil meter.

Paul, W9AC