Re: [TowerTalk] slightly OT - Wattmeter suggestion?

To: "bob finger" <finger@goeaston.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] slightly OT - Wattmeter suggestion?
From: Charlie@thegallos.com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:34:28 -0400
Thanks All - I didn't even know about the LP100 till a bunch of you
recommened it - an order has been placed - looks like a useful toy^h ol.

Now to actually go GET the A78 - it's oh, 1/8 mile from home at a friends
place (it's his SPARE Alpha), but he dislocated his shoulder last week,
and my leg started acting up. so between us, we can't carry it the 10-15
ft to my truck, and from the truck to my desk.  Probably another week or
so.

Back onto topic

The C3SS and D140 get delivered tomorrow (along with the 11 ft of mast) -
I'll have a spare MA-33 sitting in the yard after that ;)

Coax ships tomorrow, so should have it Tuesday or so

All the rest of the 'toys' should be in by the end of the weekend or so.
Then it's a matter of scheduling the work (hi John) and renting the
cherrypicker - and arranging for delivery on the same day.  1 Ground rod
is in, for at least a minimal ground (want to put in more, but that can be
done during/right after the antenna install)

First big test of the system will be field day - even if that will only be
at 100 watts - I like to run class 1E, and I'm GUESSING that the C3SS/D140
should give me signals a BIT better than my DX-EE ;) (they will also be
about 10 ft higher)  I'll still be VERY limited on 80m (small lot), but
that antenna's average height will be going up another 6-7 ft at the same
time, (high side from circa 28 to circa 32, LOW from circa 8 to 33)

Only antenna that gets "worse" is my 2m/440m stick, which will have to be
lowered about 4 ft, and will still be line of site to the few repeaters I
do use - for the 1-2 times a year I use them from home

My goal on this whole project has been "the best I can put up in the space
I have" - particularly the antenna system.  I hope I made the right
choices.  Budget wasn't a huge issue (wasn't going to spend what I didn't
have to, but doing what I did do RIGHT, not cheap out)