Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV Question

To: Mike Baker <k7dd@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV Question
From: Ed Haggerty <himself@edhaggerty.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:22:40 -0500
Mike

The resonant frequency of the trap is not a fixed value.  The primary component
to the value is the number of turns.  (what Hustler said with out saying).
The next component is the depth of insertion of the bottom section of aluminum
tubing.  Do a googel search on:

Hustler BTV Series Trap Calibration Resonance Adjustment Procedure

This will give you a better understanding.

On 7 Mar, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Mike Baker wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
>       Does anyone on this forum know what the self-resonant frequency of
> each of the traps is for a Hustler 6BTV? I have asked this question of the
> manufacturer a few times and they give me tuning info for the antenna but
> not what I was requesting.
>       Yes, I know this is a bit off topic but this does seem to be a
> well-informed forum.
>
>       Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike Baker  K7DD
> K7dd@cox.net