Re: [TowerTalk] Ham Radio in Movie

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham Radio in Movie
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:35:08 -0500
This is ALSO off topic..
In the movie "The Great Escape" when Steve McQueen has just' kicked' the
German soldier and the mad chase to capture McQueen just starts, he drives
his motorcycle behind a house or a barn and over a small creek/bridge. To
the LEFT of that bridge about 10ft off the ground appears to be a 3 ele 6mtr
beam with a STRING tied to the boom. (..armstrong method?).  I always
wondered about whether there were any aluminum Yagi antennas in the
940's.  -Mike