Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld failing to ignite

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld failing to ignite
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:14:21 -0500
On 1/21/2013 5:31 PM, Gene Smar wrote:
Jonathan:

     Consider this failure a learning experience and try another
OneShot. Don't risk injuring yourself by fooling around trying to ignite
a highly exothermic reaction manually.

     Caveat Amateur.

I agree with Gene.
When I said I "don't recommend"
I should have been much more emphatic.

CadWelds(TM) whether "one shot" or the reusable graphite are *dangerous* under the best of conditions. Wear proper safety equipment and never get your face near, or over the charge. Do not look directly at it either as it can be bright enough to damage your vision. Thermite can burn right through concrete so you'd be hard pressed to find something that would put it out. Wearing synthetic pants and/or shirts when using them is also dangerous.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F