Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:06:56 -0400
On 06/14/13 02:56 pm, Andre VanWyk wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2013, at 9:56 AM, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

  I had many crank up towers over  a span of 25 years and never lubed a single
cable, nor had a cable snap or fail.

     Well, you don't get a ticket everytime you  speed either.

True but you should not be speeding in the first place ...

  Having said this, I regularly inspect cables on my  towers  and replace them
if required.

     By neglecting periodic lubrication, you're probably replacing cables that
really wouldn't have needed replacement if they'd been lubed. I'm just saying.

Valid argument Steve, but in my world the cost if replacing the cables every 3
years is much cheaper than me spending time lubricating cables on 4 crank up
towers.

And how easy were the recabling instructions you got from UST to follow?

73

Alan NV8A