Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection
From: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:34:58 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Those are unterminated cables.

Bulk unterminated FO cable is easy to obtain, no argument. Its the terminations that seem to be problematic.

I know one can purchase preterminated FO cable for indoor use. I have not found a source for preterminated outside plant cable. And even if such a thing is available at reasonable cost, I expect that it would be difficult to pull through the conduit due to the bulk of the connectors.