Re: [TowerTalk] Ground rod

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground rod
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:59:15 -0400
On 7/16/2013 8:56 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
Check out Ufer grounds.  If you insure your base rebar is well tied and
the tower anchor bolts electrically tie to the rebar (I welded small
rebar connections to the anchor bolts, but several good tight wire ties
would also work) then you have an excellent start on grounding the
tower.  Additional ground rods should be spaced away from the concrete,
usually by the length of the ground rod.  Much is written here about how
many and how to tie the ground rods together, search the archives.

The ground rod and rebar should not exit the bottom of the concrete,

73

Roger (K8RI)

Grant KZ1W