Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio

To: "'Richard Solomon'" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, "'Tower Talk'" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 21:58:21 -0400
>From the CQWW CW 2012 results...

Xtreme Category Results
By Doug Grant, K1DG
The Xtreme category allows stations to experiment and test leading edge
technology within the CQ WW DX Contest. Scoring is based on final
contest score combined with an innovation score. Seven stations entered
the Xtreme category this year. All used at least one remote station.
In the single-operator section, Andrey, RW3AH, sitting in Cairo, Egypt
(Zone 34), linked into the W2RE station in northern New York and managed
over 1,700 QSOs and a 1.6M point score as KL1A/2.

73,
Tim K3LR