Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 08:41:19 -0400
On 8/3/2013 1:19 AM, N7KA@comcast.net wrote:
DXCC
Please read ARRL DXCC Rule Section1 Paragraph 9  that addresses remote
operations as it applies to DXCC.

Irrelevant.  We are talking about using another person's station for pay.

73

Roger (K8RI)

WAS
There is no specific comment about "remote" operations.  Rule 3 says all contacts must be
made from locations no more than 50 miles apart.   Rule 6 says contacts via "repeater" or
power relay devices are not allowed.

Remote operation does not define how control is accomplished.  VHF link,
telephone land line, or internet are several means to accomplish control of
remote transmit/receive equipment.  The telephone landline and VHF links have
been around for many years.  The internet is the newbie.

I believe that most of the major operating awards are not meant to be easy.  If
they were easy then what is the purpose of having an award, since an award is
obtained and recognized after accomplishing a specific goal.  WAS and DXCC are
examples of operating goals.

Arne N7KA