Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-450XL rotor control problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-450XL rotor control problem
From: "Magnus Aronsson" <sm6wet@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:12:18 -0000
Hi Herb

No, it is not any loose connections.
I tried a jumper cable and shorted the mid and upper position on the backside of the button turning the rotor clockwise and the rotor turns and indicator follows so it is definatly something wrong with my replacement button.
Now I need to replace it a second time.

Question is, what is causing it. Why do the right button fail 2 times when the left button never failed????

Something of notice is that when pressing the left button I hear a squicking light sound, sort of like springs getting compressed. This sound does not exist on the right button.

73 de Magnus SM6WET

----- Original Message ----- From: "Herb Schoenbohm" <herbs@vitelcom.net>