Re: [TowerTalk] 10 throu 20 beam traps or no traps

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10 throu 20 beam traps or no traps
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 11:35:02 -0400 (EDT)
>  In his book, "Array of Light," N6BT shows optimized  designs of
2-element, 3-element, and 4-element MONOBAND Yagis. He put these  IDEAL
gain figures in a table with the CLAIMED gains of a dozen or so
competing products. In nearly all cases, the advertised gains were 2-3
dB better than the best monoband beam. In other words, they claimed
impossible gains. After the first edition of "Array of Light" was
published, nearly all of those manufacturers revised their gain claimed
downward by several dB.

    We called that "marketing gain". Now you know  why we did our
on-the-air antenna comparison test so we could have REAL info to  make antenna
buying
decisions.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC