Re: [TowerTalk] Tower installtion question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower installtion question
From: Stephen Lee <gwy4ever@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:57:18 -0800
The short answer is, "yes they can."

There is a PDF file that details the required wind loading "design to" that can be perused by googling "antenna wind load for seminole county florida." Your QTH on Sterling Pine St., is between the datum line for 140 MPH and datum line for 130 MPH design requirement. The PDF file explains that interpolation between requirements is allowed so a 139 MPH design falls within those two datum lines. The tower vendor should be able to provide qualifying data for their product(s) on wind loads but the "design to" requirements do not appear to be height specific. The PDF file is fairly informative about living in a tornado and hurricane prone area, historical wind speeds, airborne residential debris, including the probability of having that experience in Seminole county.

Stephen Lee, N7RV