[TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower Installtion Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower Installtion Question
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 16:02:45 -0500
Roger et. al.

What is the story with these "up-side-down" joints towers. My tower has the
same thing. I wanted the joints to be made so that any water running down the
legs would run off the joints, not into them. I sealed up each joint with a
heavy coat of tar/asphalt and am intending to maintain that.

My instinct tells me that the smaller, swaged part should be put up, into the
leg above, not down into the leg below. I only seen this on aluminum towers
such as Heights and Universal. The steel towers have it the other way.

Hans - N2JFS