Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices

To: "towertalk@contesting.com reflector" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices
From: Chris <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 08:00:44 -0600
Jim typed what I was thinking.

What is it that is gained by going to that particular Optibeam? You will lose
6m, as the T11 covers 6m.  I don't think there is going to be a gain
improvement since that particular Optibeam has such short element spacing.
Unfortunately, the gain figures of all Tennadyne antennas are hopelessly
optimistic.  I've modeled my T8 and it is a little less gain than a C3 (same
overall boom length of 18 ft on both).

The only way you're going to make a valid on the air comparison of both
antennas is to get them in the air at the same time at the same height where
you can A/B switch them and see.  Sounds like an awful lot of expense and
hassle for no way of proving the results unless you have two towers.

One plug for Tennadyne:  They are very inexpensive compared to most everything
else on the market today.

Chris
KF7P