Re: [TowerTalk] Max antenna weight

To: <w8qwdave@casair.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Max antenna weight
From: "Steve Baughn" <baughn@centurylink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 15:38:39 -0500
Dave,

You might want to take a look at the reviews on Eham. Personally that sounds like a lot of antenna for a Tailtwister-one question you have to ask is that if a bad storm/winds come up are the gears and braking mechanism going to hold? I have a TH-11 and a Cushcraft XM-240 on top of it and I use a good old fashioned prop pitch with a K7NV controller. You might also look at the Orion 2800. I would rather over engineer rather than under.

73,
Steve, WD8NPL

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Leisman