Re: [TowerTalk] Can´t add egg insulator...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can´t add egg insulator...
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 00:27:03 -0500
Yes, Serving is the name I was trying to recall.

More likely it fell out of favor from sore hands and the time required to make just one termination. Just one serving termination is a LOT of work! It'd likely take one person, two days, to do one level of guys ( 3 guys, 6 ends) . It's strong and neat if done correctly. With EHS the ends of the strands can be difficult to keep flush. I prefer a strand long enough to make at least 6 full turns (winding) with the first wrap. If you can find enough volunteers to do them properly. One winder for each end per guy. If wound properly, EHS does not tend to unwind. Give it a good coat of epoxy, let cure completely and then paint with UV blocking paint, or finish

I can't imagine anyone doing a full on Eye Splice using EHS cable. Those strands are STIFF!

73

Roger (K8RI)