Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: copper or galvanized ground rods i

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: copper or galvanized ground rods in red SC clay
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:40:19 +0000
At lightning current densities and time scales the earth ionizes and rapidly
increases its conductivity.  See equations by Weck and others:
http://www.ipstconf.org/papers/Proc_IPST2011/11IPST109.pdf

Note in the graphs how the effective resistance of the ground decreases as
the current increases.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373