Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:13:17 -0600
As someone who has installed thousands of "pop" rivets both with manual and pneumatic guns I can attest to the efficacy of putting all or most rivets in their holes before popping them or distortion may interfere with putting them in later necessitating a little reaming to fit them in and that little reaming is a bad thing. Another approach that is useful when able and applicable is to not drill all the rivet holes before installing any rivets. Install enough rivets to hold the parts in proper relationship and then drill the rest of the holes and put in the rest of the rivets.Do not oversize the drill bit. For 1/8 inch rivets 9/64 is the largest "good" sized hole.

Patrick         NJ5G