Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets
From: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 10:53:02 -0600
Someone would surely have to do a full on metallurgical analysis to be happy with the resulting Yagi.

I have read every post of this discussion (God help me) and have noticed a couple things.
Some of the folks in this discussion really, really, need to get a hobby.
My uncle, a former Collins engineer with an EE PhD told me once that the first class all prospective engineers should be required to take is when to and when not to "engineer".

I may be wrong but I thought I saw a recommendation to weld the tubing joints? I'd be willing to say the vast majority of members on this list, with a few exceptions to be sure, have neither the necessary skill or equipment to pull that off without blowing big holes in the aluminum and spending a lot of money fixing stuff they "created". If done correctly it would result in a joint that will never come apart, ever.

Just build the antenna the way the manufacturer intended and enjoy using it, simple.

I guess if one really wanted to be picky, the ultimate solution would be to invent a device that could extrude tubing on site with a built-in taper. No joints! You could build your yagis the same way eavestroughers manufacture seamless gutters on site. With enough adjust ability to the extruder, you could even manufacture one-piece booms.

73, Kelly, ve4xt

PS: the on-site extruder was a joke. Please, no comments on whether the metallurgy is sound! Sent from my iPad

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H

---