Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 19:42:26 -0400
TT:

     The comment about work being done today by machines that used to be
done (mostly) by men reminds me of my trips to Haiti when we were building
its first wireless network in 1999-2000.  I saw several two- and three-story
buildings being built with poured concrete floors.  The concrete was being
carried up homemade ladders by a fire brigade of men, a bucket at a time,
one man to the next.  I asked my Haitian host why they didn't use machinery
as we did in the US.  My host visited the US often and was familiar with the
concrete pumps we would use for the purpose.  He said if they used the
machines, thirty families would have no income.  To me the better good won
out in that case.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F
P.S.  BTW - When the concrete work was done, the carpenters on the site took
apart the ladders and straightened out the nails by hammering them against a
straight piece of wood.  Recycling to the nth degree.