Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 11:33:56 -0400
On 9/2/2016 0:33 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

I've been gradually converting to all DINs everywhere that it's
reasonable.

Why? Are all your systems at UHF?

No. In my business we use nothing but 7-16 DIN nowadays and it does not take long working with them (like 5 minutes) to realize how superior they are, even if just mechanically (at HF). And of course I have a good supply on hand, being in the biz.

So when I ran all new hardline out to the towers a few years ago, it was an easy decision to switch to DINs on the main lines and on jumpers - at each end of the hardlines - to the point where I encounter a device with a UHF connector that is inconvenient to replace, like a wattmeter, balun, etc.

-Steve K8LX