Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIN to coax connector?
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 13:28:43 +0200
All my DIN connectors in use for stranded center conductors are of the
solder type.
I use them with RG213/214/217 and with Cellflex SCF cable with 3% Ag solder.
For SCF solder less connectors are standard now.

When DIN connectors are wrenched with the right torque they are water proof.
In addition I use self vulcanizing tape and some layers of Scotch 33.
And I always use hot glue heat shrink sleeves over the cable end of the
connectors.
You can´t pull a connector off from a Cellflex or other corrugated cable.

73
Peter, DJ7WW