Re: [TowerTalk] LMR600 male DIN

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR600 male DIN
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 01:08:48 -0400
Take care!
According to the Amphenol page N-Type are not water proof/weather proof.

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 9/6/2016 Tuesday 4:17 PM, Hardy Landskov wrote:
All,
I abandoned PL259's, SO239's, etc years ago. I found many coax switches,
couplers, were made with N connectors at prices that I could not pass up on
surplus markets. They are truly 50 ohm, water proof, and are everywhere.
I also use HN connectors which are capable of higher power.

UHF connectors are not water proof and are designed for 35 ohms...and are
terrible to solder with. As far as DIN's are concerned, I don't want to go
there now. I am happy with N's.
My 2 centavos
73 Hardy N7RT/4