Re: [TowerTalk] torque arms or not?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] torque arms or not?
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 10:02:07 -0600
I have never seen a tower with torque arms. There, I confess. But it seems to me relatively long and rigid arms secured against pivoting at the tower end and connected at the other ( non tower end) to the guys would provide significant resistance to tower twist around the central vertical axis. If reduction of tower twist were an extremely important goal running guys at right angles (in both directions) to the outboard ends of the torque arms should virtually eliminate twisting. A complication for sure but short of some cost effective sky hooks how else could you limit twist so effectively?

Patrick        Nj5G