Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning

To: "'Patrick Greenlee'" <patrick_g@windstream.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 22:18:57 -0500
You have just seen one example if you read the quoted article.

Thing is you may do a proper install and proper grounding but unless you
regularly inspect all of your connections you really don't know if
everything is as it should be.

What if your concrete base decides to crack on its own as concrete often
does, and moisture gets in.

Polyphaser advocates the use of UFER grounds but also recommends augmenting
them with ground rods and radials.

73
Gary  K4FMX