Re: [TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 19:57:28 -0700

You aren't missing anything.  You are exactly correct ... it doesn't matter.  It's simple physics.

Dave   AB7E

On 12/11/2017 7:34 PM, Gary Schafer wrote:
I have from time to time seen it professed that mounting two antennas on
opposite sides of the mast will equalize the torque supplied by wind.

The only thing mounting on opposite sides of the mast will do is equalize
GRAVITY forces on the mast (that try to bend it over) which will be rather
small differences given only a few inches distance apart.

Torque is rotational. Both antennas are going to exert the same amount of
torque no matter which side of the mast they are on.
What am I missing here?

73
Gary  K4FMX