Re: [TowerTalk] Wires in trees

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wires in trees
From: Steve Boone <w7wm.boone@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 10:08:05 -0700
Thanks to all for the input on my 'wires in trees' problem. I was
previously aware of the interactions - signal wise and was focussing on the
likelihood of arcing potentially causing a fire hazard.  I received some
inputs suggesting that my concern was not unfounded.

Given the serious compromise that my proposed antenna would be, I will
investigate loading my tower for 160m. I have a rotating antenna at the
midpoint (30') of the tower so it could be interesting stringing the
matching wire.

Thanks again for the advice.

-Steve, W7WM