Re: [TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered center

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered center
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:49:17 -0700
On 6/26/2018 7:31 AM, Michael Clarson wrote:
The wireless industry is starting to use another connector -- the
4.3/10 DIN. Much more robust than the Type N, but unlike the 7/16 DIN, it
is sized for greater connector density for feed-lines typically used by
hams. Great. Now I have to get even more interseries adapters!

I don't understand this fixation on the latest and greatest for components whose differences don't matter for 99.9% of ham operation! How is this different from the teenagers who have to have the latest and greatest smart phone, or the guy who has to have the latest model vehicle in his driveway every year?

73, Jim K9YC