Re: [TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered center

To: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N connector, Re: UHF (PL259) soldered center
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:21:31 +0000
If the center pin of the male N connector is not aligned lengthwise in the
connector body, that's due to using the wrong kind of male clamp N connector
(such as a UG-21 type).

Use the UG-1185 type (Amphenol 82-312) and this problem would be impossible, as
the pin is captivated between two Teflon step washers and is held in fixed
position by a ridge on the pin held in precise alignment by the two Teflon
inserts which have fixed positioning in the shell by design.

The pin can't be "too retracted," or "too extended," or move at all once the
connector is assembled.