Re: [TowerTalk] Mitsubishi interference?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mitsubishi interference?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:23:22 -0700
On 7/25/2018 2:53 PM, Steve K7AWB wrote:
I am considering a mits heat pump for the house.  The shack would 20 or so feet
from the outside unit. In main rooms would be the wall mount units. Mits
literature has the usual warning of keeping so many feet from their units for
controlling interference

If it has variable speed motors, it will almost certainly be noisy. This is a generic problem with variable speed motor controls, and is not specific to Mitsubishi.

Do any of you use these units and have undesired effects?  I had a ham friend
(sk) years ago put one in his shack and he never mentioned any  undesired
effects to me.

The closest tower is about 130 feet away from the shack.

If the unit is noisy, you'll hear it when you point an antenna to it (and on wire antennas that are close enough). Proximity to the shack doesn't matter. Proximity to antennas does.

73, Jim K9YC