Re: [TowerTalk] Big Rak and HDX-555

To: kilo6dko@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Big Rak and HDX-555
From: Big Don <bigdon39@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 21:12:51 -0700
Actually, the *tower* you have this on can make a difference. Our 80 ft of
Rohn25 makes a pretty slick torsion bar for absorbing rotational shocks
that might otherwise cause slip at the clamp (or damage to the rotator).
The twist is quite noticeable when actuating the rotator while we are
personally on the tower at the top, a brief maybe 10 degrees twist
(probably somewhat more during windstorms). Suspect a seriously
rugged/rigid tower won't provide that cushion. Our tower has survived 40
years with no broken welds on the lattice, deflections appear to be
well-within elastic limits......
73  Don  N7EF