Re: [TowerTalk] guying distance

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, "Towertalk@contesting.com" <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guying distance
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:30:01 -0600

There is a commercial tower not far from me that has been up for many years.... an old AM unit now with some cell antennas on it. I marvel at it ever time I drive by wondering how it has stayed up this long. It is 150 ft tall with the guy wire ground spots at 50 ft from the tower.... defies all logic but somebody way back when thought it was a good idea and so far so good! lol 73's Cort K4WI

Grant Saviers <mailto:grants2@pacbell.net>
Wednesday, December 05, 2018 10:17 AM
Except that a PE can change this with the proper analysis. Also, a post plus deadman end is a way to geometrically shorten the 80%. Look at commercial guyed towers and they often have a shorter guy anchor to base perecent (ie steeper guy angles).

Grant KZ1W