Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower Up/Down Raising Fixture (MD-750) Motor Switch

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower Up/Down Raising Fixture (MD-750) Motor Switch
From: Roger White <rwhitetexas@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 17:29:46 +0000 (UTC)
From what I gather on and off the list(s), since I am only moving the Dayton
drum switch about 25 feet away from the motor, I should be OK with the gauge
(or slightly larger diameter) of multi-strand wire that goes to the motor now.
I'll go this week to the local wire shop we have in Plano to see what they have.
I am real particular about raising and lowering (at least a few 100 times over
the last 10 years) my tower, simply due to not working on the antennas all the
time, but to be safe and lower the tower to 35 feet of so from 52 feet when
severe thunderstorms come thru with their associated high winds, etc. In this
area of Texas, you can count on that to occur many times during the year,
especially in the Spring and later in the Fall-Winter time as we are now. I
also regularly lubricate the cable going up with a lube I bought from the
experienced tower guy that I think is on this list.
Thanks to all for your information!
Roger W5RDWMurphy, Texas